Some questions

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
Alan1234

Some questions

Post by Alan1234 »

Hi,

I sent some questions via the contact us page you have earlier this week, but didn't get an answer yet. I thought posting on the forum might be faster.

1) What is the style of the multi forum, does it store new files or just new DB for every account. If new DB, does it use the same DB or separate ones for each account?

2) Does the script require any decoder software installed on the system?

3) Is it allowed to modify the source code (customization) and how does that affect updates if any?

4) Is the footer link removable, or is that something that has to be there all the time, if the lateral, is there an option to remove it?

Thanks,
PHPBBHS
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: Some questions

Post by PHPBBHS »

1. By default uses a prefix for each forum into a single database. But you can add multiple databases and setup database rotation when hits a certain number of forums.

2. No. Nothing of the script is encoded.

3. You can make any updates you wish to the system. Just a little tricky when we post an update you would have to analyze/keep track of your changes made and either apply them to our new version. Or take our updates and apply them to your version. I recommend diff software called Beyond Compare to look for file changes.

4. You are allowed to remove that link.