License renewal fees

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
AstechIT

License renewal fees

Post by AstechIT »

Hello there,

I have renewal my phpbbhs license. I read in client area, Renewal costs is $25 (total, not per license) and extends your membership by one year from time you renew license.

but i got charged $49

is it mistake or the renewal price just changed?

Thank you ;)
PHPBBHS
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: License renewal fees

Post by PHPBBHS »

The price has changed now $49 a year for updates/support forum access. Will recheck the site to make sure it does not say $25 anymore.
AstechIT

Post by AstechIT »

Thanks.
ForumHost

Post by ForumHost »

PHPBBHS wrote:The price has changed now $49 a year for updates/support forum access. Will recheck the site to make sure it does not say $25 anymore.
The license fees got doubled?
Did I miss the announcement regarding this?

I was under the impression that it was not to change from $25 at the time of signup?
PHPBBHS
Hosted Forums: 0

Post by PHPBBHS »

All prices were raised I believe in July for the script itself and renewal fees.

Mainly due to buying the original script from the creator and the amount of support requests/support time required.

I still feel this script is a bargain and people can easily make xx,xxx a year from the script itself.
ForumHost

Post by ForumHost »

Honestly, that's not a fair bargain - at least early purchasers of the script should have had the $25 renewal fee. When we signed up, we were told it'd be $25 and that's what we agreed to. Obviously, we have to pay the higher amount now because we need the updates - the maintenance cost was factored into the purchasing amount and doubling it just doesn't seem fair.

A good example are hosts - if you're on a plan with them and keep renewing, they charge you the same amount. They don't charge you higher because they hiked the plan fees for new users.

And I think the $xx,xxx amount is severely over-stated - I've probably made the higher end of $xx in a year out of the script. Yes, I have a terrible monetizing strategy and haven't had much time to fix it and sure - it'd be different for different people, I doubt if it'd be anything more than the higher end of $xxx for anyone though.

Just my 2c. No offense meant.