A few questions

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
SlAiD

A few questions

Post by SlAiD »

Hello,

I've a few questions that I hope you can anwser:
- Do you own a company that can (not for now, but if it get a good bit of money doing this) send me an invoice for more domains (more like 5/10/*more*).
- Do your $75 include updates from the alpha/beta/final version? For how many years?
- Do you will be able to send us any script update to run to switch from alpha/beta and dont lose any data? (aka: can I run this script on a large scale site or a production enviorment?)
- The script allow multiple language? Actualy I'm a translator at phpBB.com and I should use it in my own language.
- The script support MySQLi like phpBB3 RC1 does?

Whell, its all for now.

Thank you for your atention.

SL
CyberAlien
Coder
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: A few questions

Post by CyberAlien »

Hello,

1. I can send an invoice, but it will be from me, not from company.
2. Yes. For one year, then you'll need to pay $30 (total, not per license) to extend for one more year
3. There are upgrade instructions for every release posted in client forum, however some upgrade until final version may require full clear of database, so for alpha/beta versions I cannot always guarantee easy upgrade. Alpha/beta versions aren't meant for production. For final version and all futher versions there will be simple way to upgrade without loosing anything.
4. Not yet, but it will. Once it goes beta I will put all website text (this does not include admin control panel) in easily translatable file.
5. All database stuff is done with a class stored in one file, so you can change mysql_ queries to mysqli_ and it should work. If it won't work, I'll fix it to make it work. Database interfaces other than mySQL/mySQLi won't be supported.
SlAiD

Post by SlAiD »

Hi and thanks for the reply.

About third question, do you have any ETA to produce a version will NOT require (or "probably will not require") any data loss?
If I've 150+ foruns with each 200 users and 500 pots, it will be very boring to lose all of this.

SL
CyberAlien
Coder
Hosted Forums: 0

Post by CyberAlien »

It will be version that will have all features implemented, most likely one of last beta versions before release.