I will buy if...

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
nothing4me

Re: I will buy if...

Post by nothing4me »

nidhal wrote:Installation

very easy...
just install it like normal phpbb....

SQL PART

Normally there is an sql file for all forums database, try to get the sql tables of this mod (Maybe you can view install_portal.php or request from support)edit that sql file and that's all ;)

Have a nice day.
I have the SQL. :p

One question.
Does PHPbbhs rely on the htaccess or a file structure?
CyberAlien
Coder
Hosted Forums: 0

Post by CyberAlien »

nothing4me wrote:Does PHPbbhs rely on the htaccess or a file structure?
What do you mean?
nothing4me

Post by nothing4me »

CyberAlien wrote:
nothing4me wrote:Does PHPbbhs rely on the htaccess or a file structure?
What do you mean?
When someone registers for a forum, does it create any files? Like a folder or anything? or is it 100% htaccess and SQL based?
CyberAlien
Coder

Post by CyberAlien »

All forums share same set of files, so it doesn't need to copy anything. Script does create few folders though, ones where cache is stored, so every forum has its own cache.

It doesn't use .htaccess to check what forums is being accessed - that's what dedicated IP requirement is for. Any domain that points to a dedicated IP will show website hosted on that IP, script will use different database configuration depending on what $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] is set to, so it will show different forums for different domains.
nothing4me

Post by nothing4me »

CyberAlien wrote:All forums share same set of files, so it doesn't need to copy anything. Script does create few folders though, ones where cache is stored, so every forum has its own cache.

It doesn't use .htaccess to check what forums is being accessed - that's what dedicated IP requirement is for. Any domain that points to a dedicated IP will show website hosted on that IP, script will use different database configuration depending on what $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] is set to, so it will show different forums for different domains.
Could you tell me what it caches? Like the file names etc. (Or take a screenshot of a cached directory?)
I need to know how to works. Thanks!
CyberAlien
Coder

Post by CyberAlien »

Exactly the same stuff normal phpBB caches: some sql queries, compiled templates.
nothing4me

Post by nothing4me »

CyberAlien wrote:Exactly the same stuff normal phpBB caches: some sql queries, compiled templates.
Does this have a "paid upgrades" option. You know, pay to remove ads, more features etc.
CyberAlien
Coder

Post by CyberAlien »

No, script doesn't have any automated system for it. You can remove ads for every forum, or set custom ads, but its not automated.
nothing4me

Post by nothing4me »

I found another script: http://www.echophp.com/
It has that all + domain management. I'll check their site out and see if they are better/worse.

Thanks!
CyberAlien
Coder

Post by CyberAlien »

nothing4me wrote:It has that all + domain management
That is incorrect. This script also has domain management, and much better one.