Need to know some stuff

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
damien

Need to know some stuff

Post by damien »

I need to know some stuff before I go and get your script....

If you was to use your script would members domains be thereforumname.myhost.com or something subdomain-ish like that, can I make it so each forum has its own Mysql database?

Also, I take it this script runs of one set of phpbb3 files?

Thanks
Damien
CyberAlien
Coder
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: Need to know some stuff

Post by CyberAlien »

Yes, it runs off one set of phpBB files.

As for databases: every forum has its own tables, with different prefix. You can setup as many databases as you want, but making one database per forum would be tricky and would consume too much resources.
damien

Post by damien »

Thanks for that, would you say the template for the hosting script is easy to edit, as I'll need to edit that at some point, alos Is there a way my members would be able to part there own domains on there forum hosted by me..?

Thanks
Damien
CyberAlien
Coder

Post by CyberAlien »

Template: there are only few templates, syntax is similar to phpBB template system, so if you are familiar with phpBB templates then you can easily edit it.

Custom domains: you can assign custom domains for any forum in control panel. For example, some customer wants domain http://www.whatever.com assigned to his forum, which is currently forum1.yourdomain.com. He registers that domain, points it to your IP, you go to phpBBHS control panel, in domains management add that custom domain and assign it to that forum.
damien

Post by damien »

This sounds good, as soon as I get my new server I'll be getting this script, do you think 35GB on my server will be enough for now?

Thanks
Damien
CyberAlien
Coder

Post by CyberAlien »

Yes, it should be more than enough for a new host.