One question...

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
obso1337

One question...

Post by obso1337 »

Is it possible to set all new forum registrations to moderated? So i have to manually review each forum that is made before they go live?
I'd like this function because i was a forum host in the past for one year and the amount of spam and warez forums that people try to make is a huge problem.

Thank you.
CyberAlien
Coder
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: One question...

Post by CyberAlien »

Yes, there are two options: to make users validate their registrations, and to make host validate all registrations, both options can be used at the same time. If you enable both options, when user registers a forum, he receives email with confirmation link, clicks link, then you receive email with another confirmation link, clicking it will activate account.

If you don't want to activate some account, you can just ignore activation email, there is expiration time on all registrations, so it will be automatically deleted after certain time.
obso1337

Post by obso1337 »

Ok, so what about a field that the user has to explain briefly what the forum is about? If i'm going to activate the forum using the link i wanna know what kind of forum is being created. What details do i recieve in the activation email regarding the user's forum?
CyberAlien
Coder

Post by CyberAlien »

Activation emails are in separate php files (one for admin, other one for user activation), you can edit text as you want and add any details from registration data.
obso1337

Post by obso1337 »

So basically if i wanted i could make a box/field on the registration form that asks the user to give some info on the forum they're about to make?

For example:

*Please give a brief description of the forum you're about to make

{Answer_by_user_here}

*Required field.

Or something similar to that? How easy would it be to implement this? would you be willing to help if i bought the script today?
CyberAlien
Coder

Post by CyberAlien »

It is rather easy if you are familiar with php. There is already a sample module in phpbbhs that does similar function, all you need is to copy it and make few changes. I'm usually not writing modules on request (not for free), but I do help and explain process when asked on support forum.