Few guestions about features.

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
Recros

Few guestions about features.

Post by Recros »

Howdy, I would like to confirm couple things before making decision for to purchase license.

1. What I understood, I can install normal language files for my hosting site (taken from phpbb.com example) and they do work out of the box for all hosted (new and old) forums without major edit needed?

2. About installing mods, if I have installed several mods to normal phpbb, am I able to install mods to this forum hosting script without problems? Wondering since it was mentioned that mod installing is different then with normal phpbb.

3. If someone can confirm, does portal mod (turns forums into portal but forum admin can turn feature off and on for his/her own board) work in this script.

4. Users can install any mods, change CSS and use/upload/change image packs without affecting other users forums?

5. Is it possible to install separate theme for certain hosted forum and allow (hosted forum) admin to edit it?

6. I can disable ads for certain hosted forums (which has paid the advertise removal fee)?

Thanks for your time.
PHPBBHS
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: Few guestions about features.

Post by PHPBBHS »

1. I believe so you just copy the normal language files from the phpBB language packs to the phpBBHS install and it picks them up.

2. Really depends on the mod. When you install a mod it appears on all hosted forums. And you will need to make sure if the mod adds or changes any SQL that it is run on all forums and newly created forums as well.

3. Haven't tried myself but I believe others have got it working

4. No install mods/themes by a user would pose a huge security risk and would affect all forums.

5. You can install custom phpBB themes but can't prevent other forums from not using it by default.

6. Yes you can disable ads for certain forums though phpBBHS