question about wildcard dns to subdomains

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
Rmk82

question about wildcard dns to subdomains

Post by Rmk82 »

EDIT: I edited some text, i have setup wildcard DNS on my domain now. I would still like answers for the other questions tho, if i need to setup all sub domains manualy or will the script do this for me?

Hi.

I have server trough Hostgator and i want to buy, download and install this script, but i have a few questions first, because i am a newbie at this.

Hostgator supports all the requirements needed for this script and i am using Plesk.

So, when i install the script and someone register for a new forum, do i have to add the CNAME records and what not manually inside plesk for every user that register a new forum? Or will the script create these records on its own, automaticly?

I am werry confused on how this accualy works. Some help with this would be awesome before i purchase this script.

Thanks
PHPBBHS
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: question about wildcard dns to subdomains

Post by PHPBBHS »

You do not need to setup any subdomain for the users.

The wildcard dns takes care of that for you and setups up virtual subdomains. All you need is the * dns entry created.
salahnecibi

Post by salahnecibi »

and how we can do this i have kloxo panel should i work with it or i should reinstall fresh server
PHPBBHS
Hosted Forums: 0

Post by PHPBBHS »

Not sure haven't used it.
Generally I do not use any control panel and just setup each component on it's own.
sara736

Post by sara736 »

Then how does users would get styles ? is there anyway i can just extract bunch of styles in style folder and user would see them and use them. style is something i am looking for.
Download high quality Pass4sure 640-722 Dumps to prepare and Simmons College with oracle certification PMI certification. Also get free New York University for review of Youtube