A few questions about the function of your script

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
mpedersen

A few questions about the function of your script

Post by mpedersen »

I am considering your script for use on a project that I am working on and had just a few questions before I make the decision to purchase.

First question is how exactly do board upgrades happen when PHPBB releases a new version?

Does the board server from one central location and a server alias point it to one directory for files or does it copy the entire board to a new install each and every time?

I slightly modify PHPBB to suit my own needs, will these changes (as well as public mods) become available to ALL boards when I publish them or do I manually have to do that?

In your admin panel I didn't notice that advertisements could be placed in the forum threads. One of my custom mods was to place an advertisement into the forum itself and list it as another post 2nd & 8th reply in the thread. I find this to be less obtrusive and looks a good deal better than putting advertisements on the top or sides of the forums. Did I just miss that or is it not an option?
PHPBBHS
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: A few questions about the function of your script

Post by PHPBBHS »

First question is how exactly do board upgrades happen when PHPBB releases a new version?
We release an updated PHPBBHS version with the latest files which can be used to upgrade.

Does the board server from one central location and a server alias point it to one directory for files or does it copy the entire board to a new install each and every time?
One set of files for all forums and supports either a single database or multiple databases to store the forums data.

I slightly modify PHPBB to suit my own needs, will these changes (as well as public mods) become available to ALL boards when I publish them or do I manually have to do that?
Yes the mods will be on every forum. Anything involving database work will need to run a query on all forums which you can do with PHPBBHS and added to the main PHPBBHS install sql file.

In your admin panel I didn't notice that advertisements could be placed in the forum threads. One of my custom mods was to place an advertisement into the forum itself and list it as another post 2nd & 8th reply in the thread. I find this to be less obtrusive and looks a good deal better than putting advertisements on the top or sides of the forums
That is not a built in option but you are free to edit/modify the files anyway needed.