I'm so nervous right now :(

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
Kane
Hosted Forums: 0

I'm so nervous right now :(

Post by Kane »

Let me tell you what I got going before get going on this..

I own a VPS from a2b2 really nice box:
$25/month
20gigs space
600gigs transfer
512mb ram burst 1024mb..
Have had it since Jan 2007 that's right and it has never been a fraud.. One of them hosting packages that are once in a life time deal and really good..

Comes with DirectAdmin its just one of the best VPS's I have had ever and I mean ever vs dedicated servers.

I would guess this just perfect for this with room to upgrade later on with a dedicated server.. Nice start price and such.. This all above really was one question tell me your thoughts on this for a start box..

1) Could I get a snapshot of the customer section of the forums. Or pm if you don't want share it. I would like to get an idea of how many mods and such are there... I'm not a real good php coder and such so ;)

2) Will this mod be one these mods that are updated every 6 months or even 3 months? or is it updated monthly to quarterly.

3) is there any paypal type API support with auto ad removal and such?

4) has anyone been able to mod SEO and remove all adm options just using the default/best options for it? I know it be a really and I mean really good way to spider the site.

5) 1 IP dedicated.. My server has 2 IP's ns1 ns2 and then just set my domain to ns1 and share ns1 ip.. That is my own ip thought not shared with others. Just checking if it was a rule for shared hosting company's or do I really need to hand out a fork of cash to get another IP.

6) if 5 is ok or not even is there a guide or someone willing help me setup whats needed about this forget the name u used wildcard?

I'm sure I will ask more questions after I'm sure I should search but :P

Is there also any deals anyone selling it at 50 bucks hehe. I kind love to see for 50 cuz 70 seams steep but I'm sure the craftsmanship put into the script is worth way more ;)
CyberAlien
Coder
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: I'm so nervous right now :(

Post by CyberAlien »

1. There aren't many mods, mostly its about problems installing mods and customizing phpbbhs.

2. It will be upgraded whenever phpBB upgrades + whenever I'll be adding new features. One upgrade is expected this week, in January there were 3 upgrades.

3. No

4. There is a big discussion about SEO in customers area, some people have installed SEO mods without problems, but some are having problems.

5. Nameservers and websites don't conflict because they use different ports, so it doesn't matter.

6. Yes, there is simple tutorial in customers area + few topics about different dns problems. However to better understand how it works just google basic dns tutorials that explain how it all works.