Couple of Queries

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
Matthew

Couple of Queries

Post by Matthew »

Hi Cyberalien :)

I have been looking into your script with interest but have a couple of queries to sort out before i hopefully purchase your script in a couple of months time.

1) The $75 license, is this a one off fee?

2) Does the purchase come with free upgrades, eg if you bring out a new feature, would i be entitled to a free upgrade.

Thanks, Matt
CyberAlien
Coder
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: Couple of Queries

Post by CyberAlien »

You can download upgrades for a year, then you'll need to renew ($30) license to download further upgrades, but that yearly fee is only for upgrades and you can run script for as long as you want.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thanks for the quick reply :)

$30 is a great price for additional upgrades and so once my webhosting and we design is set up and i have the funds, i will be ready to purchase in a couple of months.

:D

EDIT : Also, would i be able to run this script on a Shared Hosting account at Hostgator. The package i am looking to get has 1000GB of Disk Space and Unlimited Bandwidth. (This would be temporarily until i can get an upgrade)
CyberAlien
Coder

Post by CyberAlien »

Matthew wrote:EDIT : Also, would i be able to run this script on a Shared Hosting account at Hostgator. The package i am looking to get has 1000GB of Disk Space and Unlimited Bandwidth. (This would be temporarily until i can get an upgrade)
I doubt it. Shared hosting means you can't use much resources and as soon as you start using lots of resources they'll close your account.
LordRagnarocK

Post by LordRagnarocK »

I run the script on hostgator but on a reseller account so if you choose that type of account you could have no problem with hg
Kane

Post by Kane »

shared or reselling hosting I suggest you do daily backups.. Just cuz they may can you.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thanks for the help guys, i am looking at some VPS hosts and trying to find one hat will suit my needs.

Thanks for the help.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I have found a cheap VPS host offering this;
Dedicated RAM: 256MB RAM
Server Processor: Dual Xeon 3.6*
Disk Space : 10GB HD
Control Panel: Plesk v8.2.1
Unlimited Bandwidth:
99.9% Uptime
I might go with this host,

£9.99 per month which is about $19.99 USD

EasySpace.com
Kane

Post by Kane »

I suggest you never buy something that says unlimited bandwidth.. They tend to over sell and have poor quality servers...

I would suggest a2b2 and this there site too one of them

http://www.cheapvps.co.uk/plans/

Been using them for 1 year