2 questions.

Pre-sales questions for phpBB 3 forum hosting script.
perl

2 questions.

Post by perl »

1. I will get a dedicated server ( linux ) so this will work, but Is " whm " required or do I just need cpanel ?

2. When I outgrow one server, I will need to load balance / cluste ( add multiple servers ) to balance things. Will this mean the script will stop working or should it carry on working fine.

Once these are answered I will purchase :)
CyberAlien
Coder
Hosted Forums: 0

Re: 2 questions.

Post by CyberAlien »

1. You don't need any website control panel if you know how to administrate server or if someone else administrates server for you. All you need is correctly configured php and an account with dedicated IP.

2. It should work fine. There are also built-in means to use several database servers and function to move forums from one database to another to balance it (manual, not automated).
perl

Post by perl »

Thanks, Do you know how hard it would be to balance the load by moving the database?
CyberAlien
Coder
Hosted Forums: 0

Post by CyberAlien »

Its not moving database, but moving few tables. In control panel you can add as many databases as you want, which can be hosted on different servers, and you can move forums between those databases. You can move individual forum, or certain number of forums at the same time.
perl

Post by perl »

I see so really, All I would need to do is load balance and cluster two servers so it can work... That is if my forum grows.